Mixing business and philanthropy is a wise investment.
One way a financial advisor can help his or her clients achieve their charitable goals is to encourage them to open a fund at the Bozeman Area Community Foundation. Clients with fund balances over $500,000 can continue to benefit from the financial advisor’s customized investment management.
Benefits of the Financial Advisor Program
The Financial Advisor Program is an advantage for all parties, creating a significant and positive impact for the clients’ charitable causes. The financial advisor can:
- Retain a client’s charitable assets at his or her financial institution
- Continue to manage a client’s assets with an agreed-upon fee schedule
- Convert non-managed client assets – such as real estate, closely-held interests, businesses, personal property and art – into charitable assets that the financial advisor will manage
- Offer clients a value-added service by connecting them to the Community Foundation, which has deep knowledge of community needs and nonprofit capacity
Identifying Clients Who Will Benefit
- Plan to sell a private company
- Have high capital gains tax exposure
- Are in a “transition” phase of life –empty nest, retirement, involved in estate planning
- Want to grow their charitable contributions tax-free over time
- Want a charitable deduction now with the flexibility to make grants in the future
- Have a desire to give back to their community
- Want to leave a legacy for future generations
- Enjoy meeting like-minded donors at philanthropic education sessions offered by our Community Foundation
- Have a family foundation and utilize a donor advised fund for their mandatory annual 5% distribution
- Would benefit by meeting our Community Foundation
*The Financial Advisor Program requires financial advisors to adhere to the Community Foundation’s Investment Policy Statement, and professional and industry standards in managing charitable donor funds.
How do I get started?
Reach out to us! It’s a simple application process to join our Financial Advisor program.